All new buildings must comply with all related regulations, local orders and their executive orders, technical guidelines and guides applied in the emirate and the following is required:
1. Neither the construction activity nor the operation of the building may cause land disturbances, surface runoff, soil erosion or sedimentation on any other property beyond the boundary of the plot.
2. Drainage must avoid pollution of watercourses and groundwater. Discharges made directly to ground, storm or marine waters must comply with the requirements of Dubai Municipality
3. Dust suppression techniques must ensure that dust generated by construction and demolition activities must meet the requirements of Code of Construction Safety Practice issued by Dubai Municipality.
4. Construction waste materials generated on site must be segregated and stored on site prior to collection. Segregation must, at a minimum, include labelled storage for inert aggregates, metals, timber, dry recyclables and hazard material.
5. For the disposal of hazardous waste, permit must be prepared and obtained from Dubai Municipality Environment Department . The hazardous waste must be transported in accordance with the requirements of DM Technical Guidelines and DM Code of Construction Safety Practice. 6. With the exclusion of drinking, toilet activities and concrete works, potable water cannot be used for construction activities on any project site
6. With the exclusion of drinking, toilet activities and concrete works, potable water cannot be used for construction activities on any project site
7. Construction and demolition noise must be no greater than that detailed in DM Technical Guidelines and DM Code of Construction Safety Practice.
8. Chemicals, fuels, solvents or hazardous wastes must be stored in accordance DM Technical Guidelines and DM Code of Construction Safety Practice.
9. Light pollution from the construction site must be minimised by ensuring that light sources are directed inwards and angled down so that no light is emitted above the horizontal plane. Lux levels should meet the DM Code of Construction Safety Practice.